Personal Savings Accounts
Saving for your future
At North Valley Bank, we make it easy to put aside funds for the things you want in the future – whether it’s a tablet, a new car, your next vacation or a down payment on a house. Whatever your goal, whatever your time frame, one of our savings options will put you on the right path.
A savings account and a CD, both at the same high rate. Our Companion Account gives you a high rate of return on your money, along with the flexibility to withdrawal funds at the same time.
14 Month Companion CD:
- $5000.00 minimum to open
- 2.25% Annual Percentage Yield
- Funds are inaccessible without penalty
- $100.00 minimum balance (maximum balance must be of equal or lesser value of the CD) to open
- 2.25% Annual Percentage Yield
- 6 withdrawals allowed per monthly statement cycle
The Savings: The interest rate and annual percentage yield will not change for the term of the account. The interest rate will be in effect for a 14 month period associated with an accompanying 14 month Companion CD. Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of noncash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded monthly and will be credited to the account monthly. Balance Info: We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on the account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. We will use an interest accrual basis of 365 (or 366 in leap year) for each day in the year. You must maintain a minimum balance of $0.01 in the account each day to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield. Limitations: you must deposit $100.00 to open this account. Companion Savings Accounts must be 1. Opened with new money and an accompanying new 14 month Special Companion CD, 2. Funded the same day the accompanying Companion CD is opened, 3. Not larger in value than the new Companion CD, 4. Does not allow additional deposits after the initial deposit unless deposited during renewal period(s) associated with accompanying Companion CD and, 5. Does not allow ATM or Debit Card issuance/access. If accompanying 14 month Companion Special Certificate of Deposit (CD) is not renewed upon first maturity, or any subsequent maturities, rate on Companion Savings will revert to our standard statement savings rate at that time. Account Fees: $2.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the daily collected balance falls below $200.00 on any day of the statement cycle. The following fees apply to this account: Overdraft: $30.00 per item; and Insufficient Funds: $30.00 per item. Fees could reduce the earnings on this account.
The CD: The interest rate and annual percentage yield will not change for the term of the account. The interest rate will be in effect until February 13, 2020. Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of noncash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded monthly and will be credited to the account monthly. Interest on your account will be credited by adding the interest to the principal. The annual percentage yield assumes interest will remain on deposit until maturity. A withdrawal will reduce earnings. Balance Info: We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on the account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. We will use an interest accrual basis of 365 (or 366 in leap year) for each day in the year. You must maintain a minimum balance of $5000.00 in the account each day to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield. Limitations: You must deposit $5000.00 to open this account. You may not make additional deposits into this account. You may not make withdrawals from your account until the maturity date. Time Account Info: If you withdraw any of the principal before the maturity date, we may impose a penalty of six (6) months interest on the amount withdrawn. This account will automatically renew. You will have 10 calendar days after the maturity date to withdraw funds without penalty. To obtain the special rate, you must open with an accompanying Companion Savings Account and maintain that Companion Savings with each renewal period to continue to receive any special rate. Fees could reduce the earnings on this account
Are you saving for the future, a new car, vacation or college?
No matter what you’re saving for, a North Valley Bank Statement Savings account can help you reach your financial goals.
- Minimum balance of $100.00 to open an account.
- Interest accrued daily, paid monthly on collected balance.
- Tiered rate based upon balance, subject to change at our discretion.
- Must maintain a minimum collected balance of $200.00 to avoid a monthly service fee of $2.00
- Statements are monthly if combined with a Checking account or EFT’s (Electronic Funds Transfers) have occured. If there is no activity, statements are End-of-Quarter.
North Valley Bank is here to help you prepare for the future, so visit your nearest branch to open an account today.
Money Market Accounts
A Money Market account may help you earn money faster than a traditional savings account.
Higher yield money market accounts, like those at North Valley, allow you the convenience of a savings account combined with attractive interest rates. You can easily control and access your finances with a higher interest money market account so you can start increasing your earning potential today!
American Blue North Valley wants to help you earn more on your money with attractive money market rates while enjoying the additional liquidity and security of an FDIC insured account. Deposits and withdrawals are made easier with North Valley Bank’s convenient American Blue Money Market account with benefits of a traditional checking and savings account:
- Minimum balance of $100.00 to open an account
- Interest Accrued daily and paid monthly on collected balance
- Free Online Banking
- Free Telephone Banking
- Free Bill Pay and E-Statements
- Check Images included with monthly statements.
- Free ATM/MasterCard® Debit Card
- Tiered Interest Rate based upon balance; subject to change at our discretion.
- Minimum collected balance of $1,000.00 required to avoid monthly maintenance fee of $10.00.
- First 6 withdrawals made by auto transfer, telephone order or pre-authorized debit are free.Over 6 are $10.00 per item. All over the counter items are free.
- Free Notary Service
- Free ATM Transaction at NVB or any MoneyPass® location*
* Other banks may charge usage fees at ATM’s not operated by NVB or the MoneyPass® Network.